Irish Bodhran Basic/Medium with Dave Boyd
This course is part of Tamburi 2-Days
from 04. to 05.08.2018
Saturday: 09.00 h - Welcome and introduction of the lecturers
09.30 - 13.00 h - Lessons with Dave
13.00 - 15.00 h - Break (for lunch)
15.00 - 16.15 h - Tutti-Program (Lectures, Clinics,...)
|Time:||daily 9.30 - 13.00 h|
|Location:||E-Werk, Freiburg, Germany|
|Lecturer:||Dave Boyd (Ireland)|
|Instruments:||Bodhran - Students are welcome to bring their own instruments.|
The course will explore the hugely popular and highly expressive Irish frame drum. It will include various tipper (stick) and hand playing techniques, common rhythmic structures in Irish music, and ideas for using the bodhrán in other musical contexts. There will also be a short introduction to bones playing techniques. Some experience of frame drumming would be helpful.
|Language of instruction:||English|
|Level:||Basic/Medium = minor (Basic) or good (Medium) experience in frame drum playing or with musical and rhythmical precognition on other instruments.|
- THIS YEAR AGAIN: ADDITIONAL WORKSHOPS IN THE AFTERNOON
The Frame Drum Academy offers agian two days workshops with various lecturers, that can be booked additionally. The courses take place from 16.30-18.00 pm. The schedule of the extra workshops is aligned to the other courses, which might be relevant for the participants of the 2, 5 or 7 days courses, in order to enable them to join these workshops after their regular course program. Even though, these extra workshops for two days can also be booked separately and independently from the festival program. Read more - CLICK HERE!
- Course fee for one workshop (2 days): 45.-€
- If you would like to visit the evening concert, you might get a reduced ticket price on the days you booked a course. Because the concerts are often sold out, we recommend you to reserve your ticket in advance!
- If you are looking for a cheap lunch, we recommend you the new E-Werk restaurant „FLUXUS“.
- If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.