NEW: FRAME DRUM ACADEMY - ONLINE SEMINAR- BASIC COURSE
The upcoming basic course (ONLINE) will start 3rd of January 2021.
Since January 2018 the Tamburi Mundi Frame Drum Academy under the direction of Murat Coşkun offers a frame drum course of several years in Freiburg (Breisgau). The goal is a comprehensive education on the frame drum with different emphases in the individual years of study.
During the time of the pandemic restrictions, Tamburi Mundi constantly extended its on-line course offer. Now we will approach new ways, also within the range frame drum training courses. Since there are again and again inquiries also from other countries and frame drum interested people for which the regular journeys to Freiburg are not feasible, there will be in 2021 for the first time also an ON-LINE frame drum training course.
Instead of the intensive attendance weekends, we work in three blocks (trimesters), each of which is concluded with a small exam. Within a trimester course, group lessons, individual lessons and practice and consolidation phases will alternate.
The flexibility of the online format makes it possible to attend even single trimester courses, pause between blocks if necessary and re-enter at a later date.
Murat Coşkun, next to the Tamburi Mundi courses, also teaches frame drum courses at the Bundesakademie Trossingen and world percussion at the Popakademie Mannheim. So he acquired a large methodical know-how for on-line instruction.
Lecturer: Murat Coşkun
Information on the basic course
In the basic studies the participants receive good and well-founded basic knowledge in playing the frame drum, as well as impulses to develop an individual playing style and find their own way. The focus in the first year is on rhythm work and "timing".
Lessons are held online (Zoom Meeting) and primarily in groups. Once in a month, individual lessons take place in which the remaining group members can participate as passive spectators.
Dates 2021 (1st trimester)
03.01. 16-20 h
24.01. 16-20 h (individual lessons)
31.01. 16-20 h
07.02. 16-20 h
14.02. 16-20 h (individual lessons)
21.02. 16-20 h
07.03. 16-20 h
21.03 16-20 h (individual lessons)
28.03. 16-20 h
18.04. 16-20 Uhr (midterm exam)
- musicians who work in the professional or semi-professional field
- interested persons, who are artistically and musically active
- professions of the pedagogical field (teacher, pedagogues, team leader, educator,...)
- people who are interested in rhythm and would like to integrate frame drums in their work
Content of the course
There is a particulary focus on the practical application of different frame drums with the focus on the following issues:
- playing techniques
- solistic/ improvisatory playing
- extension of the tonal spectrum (sounds, dynamic)
- extended and innovative playing facilities
- endurance workout
- warm up exercises and practical tips
- notation and background knowledge about instruments, the original cultures and the related music
- fostering the creativity of every participant
The participants of the course will recieve teaching material, also "homeworks" will be given as a targeted preparation for the upcoming online lessons.
- good basic knowledge of at least 2 (percussion-) instruments, at least one of them should be a frame drum
- knowledge of basic rhythms (at least 4-6 rhythms)
- Grundkenntnisse in Notenlesen und Notation
- Ausreichende Koordinationsfähigkeit
- Bereitschaft zum Üben und Vertiefen der Inhalte in selbstständiger Arbeit.
Each trimester will be concluded with a midterm exam, at the end of the year an examination will take part incuding all contents of the course
After successful completition of the course the participants will receive a certificate with a detailed list of the contents of the course.
Fee (1st trimester)
|Frame Drum Academy ONLINE SEMINAR:||240,-€ / 216,-€ (reduced)|
How to sign up?
The best way is to take part in the informatory meeting (via zoom) on the 1st of November 2020. We will offer a short workshop and want to take the opportunity to get to know your playing level.
Please contact us by email or by phone, so that we can discuss everything in a personal talk. After this you can effectuate a binding registration.
If you cannot attend the meeting, the registration should be accompanied by:
A short video or an audio recording with a short solo or an improvisation (a simple recording quality is sufficient) in a length of 1-3 minutes.
More information, contact and registration
Tamburi Mundi Freiburg e.V.
Tel.: 0176 2021 2826 (Murat Coşkun) oder email@example.com